Need a quick gluten free chicken dinner or just something that the kids will eat (besides chicken nuggets)? Try this trick with corn chips for gluten free chicken tonight!
Gluten Free Corn Tortilla Chip Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 Cups Corn flour
- 1 Tablespoon Dry ranch mix (recipe follows)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 Cups Corn tortilla chips, crushed with a rolling pin in a Ziplock bag
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 Large chicken breasts, about 2 3/4 LBs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a heavy baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together corn flour and 1 tablespoon dry ranch mix in a medium size bowl. In a separate medium sized bowl whisk together eggs and water. Place crushed corn chips in a third medium sized bowl.
- Season chicken breast with kosher salt and black pepper on all sides. Dredge each chicken breast first in the corn flour, then in the egg mixture, then in the corn chips, dusting off any excess between each bowl.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on the parchment lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake at 450 until a thermometer reads 165 degrees internal temperature, about 30-40 minutes.
Dry Ranch Mix
- 3/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 Teaspoons dried dill
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in an air tight container (ex. spice jar).
Note: To make Ranch Dip combine 1 tablespoon dry mix (above) with 12 ounces plain greek yogurt or sour cream.