If, like me, you have chosen to brine your turkey this year you’re in luck because you’re about 3 hours away from some serious, melt your face flavor.
But wait! Before you can indulge in this face melting experience you have one more step! Follow this recipe to roast your brined turkey and prepare yourself for insane deliciousness.
How to Roast a Brined Turkey
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 hours
- 1 11-14 lb. Turkey, brined
- 1 C. Water
- 1 Apple, halved
- 1 Onion, halved
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3-4 Rosemary sprigs
- 6-9 Sage
- 2 1/2 TBS Butter, divided
- 1 TBS. Grapeseed oil
- 3 Feet butcher string or plain cotton string
- 1-2 Feet Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Tie cinnamon stick, rosemary, 3 sage sprigs together into a small bundle, called a bouquet garni, using butcher string. Combine water, apple, onion, and bouquet garni in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 3 minutes then steep in water for an additional five minutes.
- Tuck 3 sprigs of sage and 1 1/2 TBS. butter under the skin of each breast. Stuff steeped apple, onion, and bouquet garni into the cavity of the turkey. Coat turkey skin with grapeseed oil. Tie the turkey legs together to tightly close up the cavity.
- Shape aluminum foil over the breast meat like a turkey breast shield of armor.
- Roast turkey at 500 until breast is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350 degrees. Carefully place aluminum turkey breast shield over turkey breast. Roast turkey at 350 for about 2-3 hours depending on weight, or until a digital probe thermometer reads 161 degrees.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and rest for up to 30 minutes.– Poultry should reach 165 degrees to kill any bacteria. The temperature of the turkey will rise to 165 as it rests. Serve turkey with Fresh Cranberry Sauce and Pumpkin Rice Dressing.