Chandler With all of the incredibly fresh and sweet vegetables around during the Summer season, how can you resist a fresh, sweet and spicy twist on the classic caprese salad?
http://theclaremont.co.uk/things-to-do/wheres-the-snow The twang of the lemon juice perfectly balances the subtle sweetness of the grape tomatoes and figs and creaminess of the fresh mozzarella while the minced serrano adds just enough heat to gently prick your taste buds.
buy modafinil sun pharma This Spicy Summer Caprese Salad is simple, delicious, and beautifully eye catching with it’s halves of colorful tomatoes and figs contrasted with the white mozzarella. Is your mouth watering yet?
Spicy Summer Caprese Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Serves: 2 (double or triple to serve a crowd)
- Juice of one lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes of various colors (yellow, purple, red), halved
- 1 half of a Serrano pepper, seeds removed and finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh figs, halved
- 3 large mozzarella balls, cubed
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil.
- In a large bowl toss together grape tomatoes and minced serano pepper and season with salt and pepper. Pour lemon vinaigrette over tomato mixture. Allow the mixture to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Toss arugula, basil, and mozzarella with the tomato mixture and serve immediately.