I recently received a few requests for more vegetarian or pescatarian dishes. This Chili Marinated Trout recipe is full of flavor and packed with protein and Omega 3 fatty acids.
This is also a great recipe to serve at a dinner for your vegetarian or pescatarian friends as a delicious and simple alternative to the main protein you serve. As you can see by the plastic plate with compartments, even my 4-year-old son likes this fish recipe!
Chili Marinated Trout
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 2 8-9oz. trout fillets, scales removed
- 3 Tbs. Olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Sechwan chili sauce
- 2 Tbs. Sweet ginger chili sauce
- 1/2 Tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbs. Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 Tsp. safflower oil
- Combine olive oil, chili sauces, sriracha, and soy sauce in a glass container or pie plate. Marinade fish in mixture for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add safflower oil and bring up to temperature.
- Remove fish from marinade and allow excess to drip off. Season on all sides with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Cook fish in skillet skin side down first to get a crispy golden skin. Cook on medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Fresh Heirloom Tomato Salad, and jasmine rice or homemade pasta