Muffins are the perfect grab-and-go, palm snack. Look, sometimes you need a hug, and if there’s no human or pupper nearby, a muffin can do the job. These orange and cranberry holiday muffins are a fluffy, fruity, slightly sweet hug to go. Enjoy!
Cranberry Orange Holiday Muffins
Muffins should taste delicious, should easily whip up in a matter of minutes, and leave you feeling like you've made a healthy breakfast choice. These fruity, slightly sweet little babies tick all three boxes. Enjoy!
- 1 12 Cup Muffin Tin
- 12 Muffin Tin Liners
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Oranges zest and juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats Plus 1 tablespoon, reserved.
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 cup butter Melted.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cranberries and orange juice. Set aside to soak.
- In a medium bowl, rub orange zest into the brown sugar using fingertips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine AP flour, quick oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- To the sugar mixture add cranberries and juice, melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine completely.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine until no streaks of flour or dry spots remain.
- Fill twelve lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of muffin batter each. Sprinkle tops with reserved quick oats.
- Bake at 400º F for about 16-20 minutes, or until tops are golden and a skewer insterted ito the center comes out clean.