Do you ever just want something quick and easy, but comforting and full of flavor for dinner? Oh sure, you do! Pasta salad is one of my favorite quick and easy meals to showcase all of the fresh healthy vegetables that are in season during the Summer months. Bonus points if you have access to fresh, home-grown vegetables!
This warm shrimp and pasta salad is very simply dressed with very high quality balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. I serve this warm but it can easily be chilled in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and served cold on a hot summer day.
Warm Shrimp and Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive or safflower oil
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup radishes, halved and sliced
- 3/4 cup kholrabi, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 cup shallots, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, pealed and deveined
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives halves
- 1/4 cup scallions, green parts sliced on a bias
- 4-5 sprigs fresh parsley, leaves minced
- 1 lb cooked Trottole pasta (substitute with bow tie, mini penne, or orzo)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese for garnish
- In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat add oil. When oil is hot, saute carrots, radishes, kholrabi, and shallots. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and stir in shrimp. Cook until shrimp are opaque, about 4 minutes, turning shrimp half way through. Pour shrimp mixture, tomatoes, olives, scallions, and parsley over pasta and toss to combine.
- Dress the pasta salad with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Garnish with feta cheese.