incitingly These mini smoked cheddar cornbread muffins are deliciously smokey, incredibly versatile, and seriously easy to make. Serve them with soups and stews or as their own small plate at a party.
Here’s a Few Baking Tricks
Murun-kuren Fold the vegetables and cheddar into the flour mixture to help suspend each piece in the batter and evenly distribute through out the final baked muffins.
buy Aurogra online without prescription When Stirring wet ingredients into dry ingredients do NOT over stir gluten based (flour) batters. Over stirring will over work the gluten in the flour causing the network of gluten proteins to become too tightly woven. This will make your muffin tough and chewy. The same goes for pancakes, biscuits, and any other gluten based batters.
http://ukadventureracing.co.uk/createuser/ FYI, if this recipe were entirely cornmeal and corn flour based it would be completely gluten free and you wouldn’t have to worry about over stirring (G-free recipe coming soon!).
Mini Smoked Cheddar Cornbread Muffines
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 C. Cornmeal
- 1 C. Self rising flour
- 1/2 TSP. Kosher salt
- 1/2 C. Sweet kernel corn, drained from can or thawed from frozen
- 1/4 C. Scallions, finely sliced on a bias
- 1 C. Smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 C. Milk
- 1/2 C. Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, and salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Fold corn, scallions, and cheddar into the flour mixture.
- In a separate small bowl whisk the milk, butter, and eggs together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir till just combined. Stir mixture with wooden spoon or spatula 12-15 times. It is okay to have lumps and streaks of dry! Spoon 1 tbs of mixture into mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden and you can smell the muffins (as one chef instructor used to tell me in culinary school, “your nose will tell you when they are done”). Serve with butter along side Chicken Soup, Mostly Vegetarian Chili, or as an hors d’ourve when you Cater Your Own Holiday Party!